VP Business Development
Establish, expand, and manage company distribution partners to hit $30 million in premium in 2019.
How You’ll Do It
Establish us as the preeminent commercial insurance among small business owners by being accountable for $30+ million of premium generated from distribution partners in 2019. 70% of our future premium is expected to come from distribution partners such as payroll companies, wholesale agents, and retail agents. As an extension of the company, these distribution partners must operate with a customer first mentality and share our goal for disciplined profitable underwriting.
- Hire, coach, develop and enable a partner development and partner management team of employees
- Establish a positive distribution team culture leveraging the company values
- Collaborate with the company policy holder services, underwriting, marketing and development teams to develop, manage, and drive distribution partner premium generation
- Establish a renewal process with distribution partners to maximize retention while minimizing underwriting leakage
- Accountable for implementing all company underwriting best practices with distribution partners
- Responsible for developing and implementing a reporting structure to ensure the company has full visibility into the premium potential (i.e. sales pipeline) of the distribution channel
- Accurately forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Positively and proactively represent the company in meetings with distribution partners, seminars, trade shows and networking events
- Responsible for on boarding and training distribution partners
- Use Saleforce.com to tack all distribution partner communication, action items, revenue potential, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Whether It’s Right For You
Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a leader first and foremost and then executor. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
This is a leadership role. We expect you’ll have spent at least 5 years building and leading P&C distribution teams in a startup environment. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work:
The Right Stuff
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to drive significant revenue generation results from distribution partners
- Thorough understanding of the property & casualty business
- Experience successfully developing and managing large regional, national and wholesale commercial lines brokers/agents, MGAs, and MGUs
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with key distribution partners
- Thorough understanding of insurance business financials
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
Keyword Description: Insurance agency management, channel partner development, workers compensation, commercial insurance.