Our client is an A- rated, 100+ year old super regional insurance carrier. They have an opportunity for a Loss Control Representative in the Austin, TX area.
This person will:
Perform physical inspections of insured or potential insured premises as requested by the underwriting staff, analyze exposures to loss and recommend measures to reduce or eliminate these exposures. Make recommendations to the insured/underwriter based on the physical inspection.
Periodically review vendor reports for quality control. Assist in the selection of outside loss control vendors to insure quality loss control services are delivered. Assist vendors in providing loss control materials and services. Offer assistance in interpreting vendor recommendations for both insureds and underwriters.
Conduct training of insureds’ employees to reduce and eliminate exposures to loss, including written safety programs and loss control materials.
Work in concert with the commercial underwriting staff to assure a unified position is presented to policyholders as well as to our agency plant.
Conduct training of company underwriting and claims staffs to enhance their knowledge of exposures to loss.
Serve as a resource for company underwriting staff.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 25% of the time as needed.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation.
- Supplemental insurance education / designations such as CPCU, ARM and CRM.
- WC and/or Commercial Auto specialization.
- 3 years insurance industry experience in the area of loss control/safety.
- Completion of a loss control training program from a major national insurance carrier.