NATIONAL STRATEGIC SALES EXECUTIVE – SPECIAL RISK MARKETS
Summary: We are seeking an experienced and motivated professional to join our growing Special Risk sales team. The Strategic Sales Executive will play a critical role in building MGA relationships with significant Special Risk Insurance Broker partners. The Strategic Sales Executive is responsible for selling program business in accident and specialty A&H products (Including: Participant Accident coverage, K-12 Student Accident Insurance, International Travel Medical Insurance and Business Travel & Accident coverage) to insurance broker partners or through affinity partners such as corporations, schools, sports teams and recreational associations.
Minimum Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Insurance Sales
- Broker or Agent Experience, preferably in the Specialty Risk Market
- Proficiency with CRM and Salesforce and MS office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively present information, presentations, reports and benefit plans in a professional manner
- Solid negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge of health insurance products, industry, regulations and competition required
- Possess and maintain a valid Accident and Health Producer license
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individual accountability for annual new business sales goal
- Generate and manage a strong pipeline of account and new distribution opportunities
- Driven self-starter with a hunger to achieve goals. Ability to see opportunities and capitalize on them
- Develop solid relationships with brokers, consultants, intermediaries and other distribution channels
- Produce and present proposals to brokers and prospects working with company Marketing Team
- Responsible for renewing accounts and working with underwriting team to produce renewals
- Proactive listener with ability to identify needs and collaborate with underwriting to develop innovative solutions for the client
- Highly regarded professional with established relationships with target distribution partners
- Maintain knowledge of insurance industry, regulations and competitor products and services
- Proactively obtain compliance and filing updates from the Compliance team
- Develop and produce sales reports and communicate results to management
- Provide support of sold clients, working with the Sales Management Team
- Effectively incorporate Salesforce process into all aspects of sales season along with all products.
- Active participation in annual sales meeting/presentation as well as annual and mid-year (twice yearly) reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift boxes of literature, sales displays and present and conduct exhibitions.
- Reliable transportation with the ability to travel is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and attend meetings outside of the regular workday.