Our client is a recognized leader in the insurance industry and has been in business for 39 years. They cater to a national client base across myriad of industries with divergent needs. Their team of experts and industry specialists’ partner with their clients to manage their risks, create security, promote growth and add value by delivering best-in-class insurance products and programs.
They specialize in a wide range of insurance and risk management products including: Property, Construction, Primary and Excess Liability, Directors & Officers/Management Liability, Professional Liability, Cyber Liability and Privacy, Crime, Employment Practices Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Ocean and Inland Marine, Personal Lines, and Surety Bonds.
Our client has a plan to double the agency in the next 5 years. They are looking for a talented Marketer who wants to grow with them and lead the growth of the agency.
The Commercial Property Multi-line (P&C) Marketer is primarily responsible for carrier selection, analysis, documentation, and negotiations of commercial property, liability, and other insurance products related to new business. Candidates for this position must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to perform multiple tasks while adapting to change.
- This level of Marketer typically handles accounts/clients that are complex
- The role will be responsible for marketing General Liability, Property, Builder’s Risk, Construction Wraps and Non-Wraps, Commercial Auto, Workers’ Compensation, Professional Lines, Surety Bonds and other ancillary coverages
- Rapidly evaluate, prioritize, and determine submissions to the appropriate carrier based on risk appetite
- Recognize and create cross sell opportunities for other Commercial products
- Negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, and deal structure with underwriters and carriers on the overall package of services that best meets clients’ needs
- Develop strong, long term relationships with carriers to profitably grow our book of business
- Prepares new business submissions by compiling the submission through information provided by the producer/client and/or outside resources on to a statement of values worksheet, required supplemental and accord applications, along with preparation of a summary of the account for presentation to the underwriter
- Efficiently and accurately enters risk characteristics into carrier’s on-line rating platforms
- Handles all follow-ups and subjectivities from Underwriters to obtain quote and/or bind coverage
- Prepare Commercial Lines proposals of insurance and presents to client or provides proposal to producer to present.
- Prepares a premium allocation breakdown by location (if required)
- Keep producers and Account Managers fully informed of all-important activities on their accounts and updates marketing activity in Applied TAM on consistent basis
- Provide superior customer service to carriers, customers, and internal employees
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial lines marketing, including technical principles of rating and pricing the account based upon individual risk criteria
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills with ability to deliver a challenging message
- Gathers, analyzes, and ensures the accuracy of pricing and proposal information (rating and pricing tool output, proposal language, coverage forms and endorsements)
- Creative thinker and problem solver with the full intent of quoting to bind not quoting to shop business
- Updates Customer Management System application and attaches all underwriting information obtained, loss runs, submissions, quotes, declinations, bind orders, binders, proposals/schedules, correspondence, premium allocations on a daily basis
- Once policy(s) is bound, will bill the premium and provide invoice to client and/or producer/account manager
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum commercial lines Account Management/Account Executive experience of 7+ years with the most recent 3 years being in a marketing role (both on-line rating & paper submissions)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Advanced working knowledge of Property and Casualty lines of business (Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Property, Auto and Professional Lines) including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
- Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience with existing strong relationships with underwriters in Southern California
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
- Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
- analytical tools and technology
- CPCU, AU or CIC, continuing insurance education desired
- Applied TAM experience a big plus
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Frequently sit for long periods of time
- Business casual environment
The statements contained in this job description reflect the general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences.