Position Summary –
With minimal supervision, sr. claims representatives are expected to accurately and efficiently assess claim coverage; liability and legal issues. The sr. claims representative also investigates, evaluates, and through various means, achieves resolution of all assigned claims, including the more complex claims. Sr. claims representatives are expected to maintain good customer relations, and working relations with co-workers and other company personnel. Substantial independent action is required to resolve complex coverage; along with current claims and jurisdiction knowledge factual and legal issues.
The qualified candidate will have 7 or more years of experience in the following areas:
- Coverage Experience– Property, General Liability, and Auto
- Claims Investigation – Statements, authorizations, retention of qualified experts and counsel
- Claims Administration – Reports, review reserves, compliance knowledge of laws and procedures
- Claims Settlement – Preparation of disclaimer letters, releases, and proof of loss statements; participation in legal court proceedings when necessary
****Additional information from the manager of the claims department*****
- Commercial claims experience – (we only do commercial claims, no personal lines)
- Litigation experience, dealing with litigation claims with defense counsel.
- 5 plus years experience with Construction Defect (CD) claims.
- Ability to attend mediation, usually in the Denver area.
- Wyoming and New Mexico license preferred.
- Ability to understand the dynamics of Additional Insureds, Contractual Coverage and Reservation of Rights letters.
- Time management skills a must. Case load range from 110 to 160, so the ability to manage time is important.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports to upper managers when requesting reserves or settlement authority on large cases.
- This position will handle other General Liability (GL) and auto claims, so a multi-line experience would be helpful.