The Sales Executive IV – Southeast Region is a major architect of growth for the Public Entity business segment and will drive top-line growth and profitability. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales executive who wants to grow with a market leader in risk management. The SE IV responsible for sales to Public Entities selling risk management solutions including, but not limited to, Integrated Workers Compensation/Managed Care, Stand Alone Managed Care, Absence Management, General Liability, Auto Liability, and Property & Casualty. The Sales Executive IV will aggressively hunt and close new business while building relationships with prospects and brokers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strategic sales territory plans and opportunity capture plans following company sales pursuit processes and selling methodologies. Embrace the company selling methodology and utilize our tools during the pursuit process.
- In the assigned territory, the Sales Executive IV is responsible to generate leads, build and maintain a sales pipeline, conduct sales calls, own the preparation of proposals, make formal orals presentations and lead contract negotiations.
- Research target Public Entities to develop a comprehensive understanding of the target contacts, their programs, competitors in place, program developments and other activities to support relationship development, opportunity identification, and capture of new business.
- Populate and maintain a robust pipeline in region of all prospect organizations, opportunities, contacts, and sales activities in Salesforce.com (CRM). Accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked.
- Throughout the opportunity pursuit lifecycle, work with the SVP of sales, an assigned mentor, colleagues from the solutions areas, pricing, legal, the proposal team, senior executives, and others. This includes leading the opportunity pursuit from pre-RFP selling and opportunity development, proposal development, deal review presentations to senior leadership, pricing, orals preparation, to the close of a sale.
- Coordinate post-sale activities by facilitating the transition and implementation process of new customers to Account Executives
- Partner with Client Services’ Account Executives within assigned territory and with solution subject matter experts to achieve new growth targets.
- Maintain a personal commitment to ongoing professional training and development to mature sales skills, and to build industry knowledge, understanding of market trends and competitor solutions and practices.
- Serve as an articulate and persuasive spokesperson who successfully markets and sells risk management solutions to sophisticated mid to large Public Entity customers. Develop working relationships with C-suite executives at Public Entities and with brokers.
- Represent company at regional and national conferences and seminars.
- Industry Experience. 3-5+ years of demonstrated success selling risk management solutions, with Public Entity experience a plus.
- Growth Track Record. Someone who works successfully selling in a team environment and places a high value on growing the top line of business while having a solid understanding of managing the bottom line at the same time. Proven track record of managing and achieving sales goals.
- Risk Management Relationships. The ideal candidate has experience in the Risk Management industry with some existing Public Entity and broker relationships.
- Direct Sales Experience. Direct experience in selling involving sales discussions, formal presentations, pricing, and contract negotiations with prospects.
- Strategic Thinker. The successful candidate will take advantage of how to leverage our expanding footprint to create market opportunities to leapfrog the competition and defeat barriers to entry.
- Strong Communication Skills. Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills, and ability to facilitate strong working relationships, internally and externally
- Financial Savviness. Ability to manage pricing conversations internally and externally.
- Complex Problem Solver. Comfortable in a complex, ever-changing business environment requiring flexibility and intellectual facility in problem-solving to address customer questions and concerns.
- Excellent Problem-solving and Resolution Skills.
- Fit within Existing Culture and Values. Company has a strong existing culture that includes customer focus, action orientation, embracing change, data-driven decisions, strong options, good intentions, and personal likeability.
BS / BA or equivalent work experience