Our client is seeking a highly motivated and driven individual to lead their Religious Institutions Program. This is a nationwide property and casualty program. The candidate will be instrumental in leading, growing and enhancing all aspects of the program and team. This position is a member of the company Management Team and reports directly to the company President.
Daily Job Responsibilities
Production focused underwriting leader responsible for managing and growing a renewal book of business through their current and new retail agent network --
- Develop a profitable book of Religious Institution business, including development of staff, training & supervising personnel and managing production.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy to cater to an existing network of retail agents.
- Serve as a member of the team that will assist in policy coverage terms, underwriting rates & guidelines, and division process flow.
- Liaise with Management Team in establishing strategy, developing budgets and managing business flow, including supervision of staff.
- Work with existing executive management team in developing a profitable business structure and operational flow.
- Evaluate, select, and price submissions to develop and maintain a profitable book of business.
- Manage internal and external relationships that will develop into superior service and drive increased business flow.
- Participate in agency visits to review the benefits of utilizing company programs.
- Collaborate with sales team to identify strategies to on-board new agents across the country.
- Participate on projects as needed to improve the efficiency of the overall agent experience.
- Communicate risk appetite and quoted propositions to brokers.
- Liaise with internal resources in establishing account strategy.
The successful candidate will embody the following qualifications:
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience underwriting commercial business, including general liability, professional liability and property products.
- Underwriting experience and fortitude to grow the book of business but not at the expense of underwriting profitability.
- Entrepreneur with the ability to be a team player; self-motivated, detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of admitted and non-admitted markets that cater to multiple distribution structures, both retail and wholesale.
- Strong communication skills.
- Preferred: Prior UW leadership experience
- Preferred: E&S experience
- Preferred: Experience underwriting religious institutions business
- Preferred: College Degree
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation structure for this position is negotiable based upon the depth of experience of the qualifying candidate and consists of a combination of base salary and both short-term and long-term incentives that are aligned with established corporate goals. This compensation package includes standard company benefits including vacation and sick time allowances; health, life and long-term disability insurance benefits and participation in COMPANY’s Employee 401(k) Plan.
This role can be based in Chicago, IL or Fort Wayne, IN. However, remote will be considered for the right candidate. This role offers an excellent opportunity for career advancement and personal reward. If you strive for a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment, this is the opportunity for you.