What You’ll Do
As a Program Manager you will play a hands-on role in the success of the program. This is a wonderful career opportunity to use the latest underwriting technology to help shape the next phase of disciplined growth of the program. You will work in partnership with all functional areas of the company and further develop the program management skills needed to manage a complex portfolio of property and casualty business. Responsibilities include:
- Continuously evaluate the performance of the program through portfolio underwriting techniques in areas including submission flow, book mix, and profitability.
- Implement underwriting rules and guidelines that ensure program goals and objectives are achieved.
- Personally underwrite the program’s largest accounts (Greater than $500k in premiums) and strengthen the most important broker relationships
- Lead a small underwriting team, including capacity planning, evaluate individual account beyond the authority level of individual underwriters, perform reviews on underwriting files, help develop the teams technical and business skills, so they become the most talented team serving the greenhouse and nursery industries.
- Develop and implement changes in the underwriting process that continuously improves the level and quality of service provided.
- Assist in periodical rate studies, adjustments to our proprietary predictive models and establish new pricing plans.
- Work closely with our carrier, claims and risks management partners to share knowledge and insights to protect and build better a better program.
- Assist in the development of go to market strategies and the development of internal and external marketing communication.
- Assist in the development of new products and risk management services
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CPCU, CIC or other industry certifications preferred
- Some overnight travel required
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of overall property and casualty underwriting and/or wholesale brokerage experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical, complex and high limit property underwriting with a strong risk management focus
- The ideal candidate will draw upon their experience underwriting technically challenging commercial property accounts in a carrier, program administrator or wholesale brokerage setting, with inherently hazardous occupancies or operations most commonly found in industries such as Energy, Chemical Manufacturing or Dealers, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial or Fabricators, Wood Working, Lumberyards, Freight Handling Warehouses and/ or buildings with highly unusual construction characteristics or in the course of construction (Builders Risks).
- A strong desire to continuously look for better ways to achieve business goals
- An ability to handle operations with capacity, speed and decisiveness
- An ability to quickly build strong relationships based on trust, competency and performance
- Experience successfully managing or supervising small teams
- Excellent negotiation and communication (oral and written) skills
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with advanced Excel competency (V Look Up, Pivot Table, etc.)