Director of Information Architecture
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides leadership and strategy related to business information that will be available and shared across the organization through the identification, definition and analysis of how information assets benefit strategies and business outcomes. Responsible for discovering the data requirements for information.
By partnering with business leadership, provides strategic recommendations to maximize the value of information assets via their creation, access and use.
Creates business value through data exploitation and enabling all forms of business outcomes through data and analytics.
Assesses the benefits and the risks of information. Continually reviews what information matters most to the organization based on defined business strategy.
Uses various tools to provide the organization with a future-state view of the information landscape.
Assists data and analytics leaders, business and Business Technology leadership in developing information governance processes and structures.
Creates data conceptual models and relational database designs.
Assists in the definition of data classifications to allow information assets to be immediately identified and proactively managed.
Ensures that the architecture is used to execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
Assists in the analysis of data and analytics security requirements and solutions, and works with the security team to ensure that enterprise data and analytics assets are treated as protected assets.
Improves business performance through enterprise information solutions and capabilities, such as master data management (MDM), metadata management, analytics, content management, data integration, and related information management or information infrastructure components.
Leads a team of architects, ETL developers, and data management specialists while leveraging subject matter experts as required.
- This role requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or minimum of seven years of experience as an information architect.
- In-depth experience of designing and implementing information solutions.
- Hands-on experience with implementing data and analytics programs.
- Three to five years' experience as a data analyst is highly desirable.
- Business acumen and the ability to communicate to executives, business domain stakeholders and technical staff alike.
- Experience in the insurance industry.
- Demonstrated influence, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- System integration experience, including interface design.
- Data modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level.
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models.
- Familiarity with data science concepts, as well as MDM, business intelligence, and data warehouse design and implementation techniques.
- Experience with data management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs, as well as determine the resources needed to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others and exhibit leadership.
- Excellent communication with multiple technical and business stakeholders and leaders.