Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Processes receipt and payment transactions to completion; Process transactions to properly record activity in the general ledger; Review A/R and A/P activity; Participate in the month-end close process; Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts to supporting documentation.
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Maintains and balances an automated system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Investigates invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for management by reviewing financial information; analyzing data in the general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting Degree, Prior Experience as Staff Accountant; Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills