The Risk Management Regional Manager (RMRM) is a hands-on, technical, tactical focused field manager responsible for the daily operation and direction of an assigned regional Risk Management territory. Primary responsibilities include directing daily field operations of designated Risk Management Consultants, developing and supporting strategic initiatives and directives with the Director of Risk Management, and the implementation and execution of policies and procedures designed to increase departmental efficiencies, provide stellar customer service to all internal and external stakeholders, and improve overall loss results. The RMRM is responsible for designated staffing and performance management, all manner of internal/external stakeholder training and Continuing Education, and overall performance of the assigned Risk Management team.
- Recruit, select, develop, and coach Risk Management Consultants through frequent interaction, through field co-travels on selected medium/large accounts and to agents.
- Direct the delivery of value-added Risk Management services to policyholders, agents, insureds, and prospective policyholders.
- Ensure implementation of all aspects of the Consultant role.
- Partner with Underwriting, Claims, Marketing, and other functions to implement proactive solutions for improving loss results and enhancing the Risk Management brand to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure top performance of designated consultants through ownership and implementation if the field quality analysis program. Work with the RMTM to monitor trends, develop necessary training and deliver effectively.
- Promote and develop high levels of customer service in the decentralized, customer-facing Risk Management organization.
- Represent company at meetings and events.
- Previous experience leading a team of customer-facing professionals
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years of insurance Risk Management or Loss Control and industry experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with all levels of the organization and its business partners.
- Associated Industry designations are preferred.
- An excellent understanding of Underwriting, Claims and risk assessment principals
- An exceptional understanding of insurance company home office management processes, issues, and requirements
- Proven relationship building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Strong PC and software skills.
- Ability to travel within the 9 state territory with travel up to 25-50%
- Diverse background within insurance company operations is a plus
- Reside or willing to relocate to Raleigh, NC