Commercial Lines Underwriting Manager
- Responsible for the overall management of the Commercial Lines Underwriters to include coaching, training, performance management and hiring/termination recommendations.
- Provide leadership and management to the Commercial Lines Underwriters with the objective of achieving the corporate goals for premium and policy growth, loss ratio and service.
- Manage, in conjunction with the Services Supervisor, the performance and work flows of the Services staff.
- In conjunction with the Director of Commercial Lines, assist in the formulation, monitoring and continuous improvement of the underwriting guidelines and matrix to support the products as designed.
- Perform the underwriting and agency management functions for assigned agents, in a manner which contributes to the corporate goals. Make regular agency visitations to build relationships and monitor underwriting activities.
- Select, price, and monitor commercial risks based upon underwriting policies, practices, and philosophies.
- Responsible for the development and/or writing of commercial lines duty reports and other projects as assigned.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manager others.
- Technical skills and knowledge of coverages, endorsements, and rating criteria of the commercial property and casualty industry.
- Specific knowledge of Commercial Lines underwriting gained through multi-line underwriting experience.
- Proficiency with computers and current technology.
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or Insurance Management; or commensurate education and/or work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years commercial multi-line underwriting experience, plus experience as a leader/supervisor preferred.
- Preferred professional designations include Associate in Underwriting (AU), and Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU).