The Account Manager identifies, presents and sell Company’s products and services to current and potential clients. Must maintain visibility to potential and current clients in a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public. This position requires significant local travel to current and potential clients and some overnight travel may be required.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity. Goal is 10+ appointments per week. Minimum of 30 telephone and email contacts per day should be made on days when in the office.
- Update CRM (Salesforce) daily detailing sales activity, events, meetings, and adherence to goals.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Occasionally identify and resolve client concerns.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and association meetings.
- Follow-up for collection of payment on selected accounts.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- 5 years plus of Sales Experience/ B2B preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Detailed oriented
- Maintain excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be a creative and rapid thinker
- Marketing or Sales experience in the insurance industry
- Valid Driver’s License
This position works in an office environment where temperatures are constant. Frequent prolonged periods of a stationary position. Constant operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine/printer. Frequent communication via telephone and in person with clients, customers and co-workers. Frequent travel in vehicle with occasional overnight travel.