REGIONAL SALES EXECUTIVE –
Summary: The Regional Sales Executive is responsible for selling Student Health Insurance Plans (SHIP), Mandatory Student Accident Plans (MSA), Participant Accident Plans, Intercollegiate Sports Coverage (ICS) to Colleges and Universities, Public and Private School Systems, Municipalities and Parks/Recreation entities through brokers and consultants or on a direct sell basis. The Sales Executive is also the primary person responsible for gaining new business in the education markets. This person acts as the liaison between the school/client/broker and company and is chiefly in the field building and fostering relations with their clients, brokers and schools. The Sales Executive works in tandem with the Account Management Team as well as the Underwriting Team. The Sales Executive will be eligible to participate in the Variable Incentive Compensation (VIC) as outlined by the National Sales Manager and Management.
Minimum Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Sales & Marketing with knowledge of the healthcare industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with Student Health Insurance and/or Accident and Health Insurance desired
- Proficiency with CRM and Salesforce and MS office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively present information, presentations, reports and benefit plans in a professional manner
- Knowledgeable about each product and good public speaking expertise
- Solid negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge of health insurance products, industry, regulations and competition required
- Possess and maintain a valid Accident and Health Producer license
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop prospect list of schools, brokers and consultants in a specific sales territory
- Develop solid relationships with brokers, consultants, intermediaries and other distribution channels
- Manage a defined sales region and territory
- Call on brokers and schools within sales territory recording all activity in Salesforce
- Produce and present proposals to brokers and school prospects working with Company Marketing Team
- Responsible for renewing school accounts and working with underwriting team to produce renewals
- Responsible for growth of the following products: Student Health Insurance Plans (SHIP); Student/Participant Accident Coverage; Intercollegiate Sports Coverage (ICS)
- Responsible for submitting and presenting new business opportunities effectively and efficiently to CHP Underwriting team for review.
- Working understanding of underwriting rating methodology along with knowledge of the experience of accounts and prospects
- Responsible for creating and meeting/exceeding annual sales goals as set by CHP Management
- Maintain knowledge of insurance industry, regulations and competitor products and services
- Proactively obtain compliance and filing updates from CHP Compliance team
- Develop and produce sales reports and communicate results to management
- Assist with sales support to determine mailings/campaigns as developed in the Sales & Marketing plan
- Provide support of sold clients, working with the Account Management Team
- Attend college and university visits including: orientation, health fairs and renewal meetings
- Work closely with other Sales Executives when opportunities arise in other sales territories
- Effectively incorporate Salesforce process into all aspects of sales season along with all products
- Through Salesforce Sales Executives will be responsible for achieving specific metrics associated with broker and direct account meetings, development of opportunities and account quote submissions in their respective regions
- Active participation in annual sales meeting/presentation as well as annual and mid-year (twice yearly) reviews
- Working understanding of legal filing process for SHIP, ICS and Participant Accident plan designs
- Other duties as assigned
- In depth knowledge of provider network strength and Value Proposition for the SHIP, ICS and Participant Accident market
- Ability to lift boxes of literature, sales displays and present and conduct exhibits.
- Reliable transportation with the ability to travel is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and attend meetings outside of the regular workday.