The James Allen Companies Inc.
Our client is in a niche insurance area focused on aviation insurance. They are a fast paced agency specializing in aviation policies. They are industry specialists with over 30 years of
experience, and decades-long relationships with clients and the broader industry.
They are expanding their team to include a full-time Account Manager (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday) to work at the direction of the Senior Broker. The ideal candidate is highly organized and analytical, has the ability to prioritize and multitask, and has strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to build rapport with clients and industry contacts.
Their primary duties will be to renew existing accounts, provide insureds with ongoing support, and offer exceptional service to prospects and current clients.
1. Renew existing book of business to meet or exceed Agency retention goals and create cross-sell opportunities to current insureds.
2. Identify prospects and follow up on prospects from various sources provided by the Agency.
3. Develop all information and recommendations for prospective accounts, present proposals and adhere to Agency policies and procedures.
4. Quote new business opportunities and re-market existing policies, in association with Agency defined policies, procedures, and guidelines.
5. Analyze client needs and potential gaps in coverage.
6. Process client policy changes and endorsement requests.
7. Document all material conversations with insureds and/or carrier regarding exposures
8. Facilitate and manage as appropriate individual claims.
9. Maintain knowledge of underwriting criteria for agency carriers.
10. Perform special projects at management’s request.
11. Participate in the overall Agency effort to develop and maintain strong industry relationships through positive professional contacts with aviation insurance representatives.
12. Maintain a professional demeanor and actively support and promote a positive public image for the Agency.
● A B.S. or B.A. degree preferred
● Property & Casualty insurance experience is desirable
● Active California Property & Casualty license desirable, or eligibility to apply for one
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite and Adobe Acrobat
● Outstanding customer service skills are essential.
● Interest in aviation is a plus.
● Must be comfortable with dogs in office and on office premises, as we are located in a
● Must be able to walk up stairs (this is an older building and not ADA-compliant)
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and sick leave. Compensation based on experience.