The James Allen Companies Inc.
Our client is a well-established Title Insurance company in New York. They are seeking a hard-working, dedicated Title Clearance Specialist to join their innovative and passionate team.
The successful candidate must be proficient in all aspects of the title insurance industry, including following underwriting guidelines, highly organized and be able to provide outstanding client service. You must be able to read and clear commercial and residential titles, legal research, write title policies and manage commercial title transactions from beginning to end.
Specialist will perform all follow-up needed to obtain releases and ensure title is clear-to-close.
- Review the title commitment for accuracy, review abstract and legal description, and enter modifications to the title, if necessary.
- Review title commitment for clearance and assure all items are accounted for including but not limited to updating payoffs, subordinations, taxes and HOA.
- Make determination if title is “clear” or flag potential reasons for “not clear” title.
- Determine the best course of action to clear title and collaborate with lenders to work with borrowers to obtain all necessary title clearance requirements.
- Resolve title clearance issues to get loans closed which may include contacting prior attorneys, title companies, mortgage companies, and other parties for proof of title clearance.
- Perform daily follow up work on all work in progress files to assist with issues and ensure work is completed within established timeframe.
- 5+ years’ experience in working with New York State Title Insurance reading residential and commercial title.
Working with Underwriters to clear up title issues and exceptions
- Experience with TrackerPro is a plus
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving skills