Commercial Lines Producer
The James Allen Companies Inc.
Responsible for marketing, prospecting, selling and managing commercial lines insurance products and client relationships.
Position Specific Responsibilities
1. Prospects and makes contact with potential clients.
2. Follows up on referrals from bank associates, current insurance clients and other sources.
3. Meets with prospective clients to obtain information about their current insurance package and their insurance needs for the future.
4. Develops proposals and makes recommendations.
5. Provides insurance counseling, giving advice on coverage levels, insurance types, explaining terms, etc
6. Responsible for ensuring all facets of the company’s Advantage are performed for targeted clients.
7. Must have effective working relationship with service associates.
Sales – Advising and Servicing Clients
1. Execution of our comprehensive sales process which includes successful prospecting, planning and gaining new business.
2. Knowledge of full portfolio of products and services; actively cross-sells full breadth and depth of products. Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales, cross-sales and referral goals.
3. Actively call/joint call on identified target segments, prospects, centers of influence, etc. to lead new business development and client acquisition efforts.
4. Expand new and existing relationships by advising and recommending appropriate solutions that will exceed client expectations.
5. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners to expand customer relationships across all lines of business
6. Meets or exceeds client retention goals.
7. Perform proactive customer needs assessments on a regular basis.
8. Give persuasive sales presentations and tailors delivery and material to meet audience needs.
9. Applies sound judgment, innovation and appropriate creativity in management of client relationships
10. Participate in an active and meaningful role in a community or industry organization.
Service & Operational Excellence
Quality of Work
1. Ensures work is processed accurately and efficiently the first time, preventing rework
2. Responds to inquiries on a timely basis while providing accurate information to internal and
3. Takes ownership for resolution of issues; follows through with assignments and escalates
issues as needed to proper area
4. Maintains a high degree of productivity and consistently meets deadlines
5. Provides ideas to streamline processes/functions or create operational efficiencies
Relationship Building & Communication
6. Builds effective working relationships across functions/processes
7. Exhibits effective listening skills, solid problem solving and decision-making skills
8. Resolves conflicts appropriately
9. Communicates clearly and respectfully in all interpersonal interactions
Compliance and Management of Risk
1. Understands and adheres to policies, procedures, regulations and laws for the department
and the organization to protect the assets and reputation of company.
2. Report concerns or violations to appropriate persons or area (management, HR, audit,
JOB REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. High school graduate or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
2. 3-5 years commercial lines insurance experience required.
3. Previous success in a sales role essential.
4. Must hold a Property and Casualty license.
5. Excellent client service and communication skills essential.
6. Successful candidate must have basic computer skills.
7. Must be able to work independently and posses the ability to work in a fast-paced
environment to meet deadlines.