Construction Underwriting Program Manager
The James Allen Companies Inc.
We are seeking a bold and confident Underwriting Program Manager to play a hands-on role in the continued success of one of our casualty-driven programs. If you are looking for an opportunity that allows you the freedom to operate a business and the ability to be a builder and value creator, you may be a great fit for this role.
Our ideal candidate fits this profile….
- You are a true player-coach, allowing you to handle traditional management tasks while also producing quality work product as a member of the team.
- You have built/rebuilt a construction casualty book of business resulting in a larger more profitable portfolio.
- You like speed and want opportunity—you thrive in an innovative and flexible environment.
- You are driven by success which has been demonstrated in your proven track record of generating revenue and profitable underwriting results.
- You have executive presence—you are confident, yet approachable.
- You are tech savvy—from proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) to industry specific software.
In this exciting and impactful position, you will…
- Personally underwrite the program’s largest accounts and strengthen the most important broker relationships
- Fully participate in strategy and portfolio management development to ensure program goals and objectives are achieved.
- Lead by example through big wins and showing the team how it’s done.
- Actively participate in industry events to build relationships that enable us to stay ahead of our competitors and respond to opportunities swiftly.
- Profitably grow existing broker relationships while also generating new partnerships
- Develop a team of underwriters though the facilitation of training and mentorship
- Utilize your market and product knowledge to strengthen the business
- Work closely with our carrier, claims and risks management partners to share knowledge and insights to protect and build better a better program.
- Assist in the development of new products and risk management services
You come to the table with…
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Math and/or Science preferred
- 10+ years of carrier based, progressive commercial P&C underwriting experience, with a focus on casualty construction exposures
- Completion of a formal training program coupled with experience working on special projects with executive visibility
- Experience handling small to mid-market accounts ($100k-$500k average premium)
- Proven track record of managing lean teams in a transaction-driven environment
- CRIS designation highly desirable