General Manager-Sales Manager
The James Allen Companies Inc.
General Manager, Sales Manager
Purpose: To work along with owners, to oversee employees, manage agency sales, and promote agency growth.
- General Manager: Oversee daily business activities, improve overall business function, assist owners in developing strategic goals and plans to reach them, and maintain or improve operational procedures.
- Sales Manager: Motivate producers, manage leads, promote agency growth by targeting profitable prospects, hit or exceed revenue forecasts, improve retention and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Producer/CSR duties: Actively sell as a producer, lead by example, maintain and grow a book of business. Position will begin with CSR duties and after training is concluded all three of us will decide what if any CSR duties should still remain.
Compensation: Annual salary, plus profit sharing, commission, and growth bonuses
- 28% commission on new business sales
- Group benefits (health insurance, dental, vision, short term disability)
- Simple IRA enrollment & matching after 1 year
Sample Duties (*this is not a complete list):
- Adopt and grow an inherited book of business gathered from Pax and Susie’s current clients.
- Supervise, train and mentor employees
- Provide expertise, knowledge, and incentive to help producers reach their full potential
- Establish production goals for producers and the agency
- Run weekly meetings
- Develop expert skill within agency management system and carrier quoting platforms
- Enforce agency standards of documentation, coverage and service
- Assist with functionality of computer hardware and software programs
- Enthusiastic, with contagious excitement
- Intelligent and willing to pursue further education
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in becoming an integral part of the community, and networking with others
- Foresight and creativity to imagine lofty goals, and the determination to achieve them
- Share in our philosophies, ie. Work smarter, not harder; Embrace technology; Clients are friends and family; Employee job satisfaction is paramount; Under-promise/Over-deliver; Appreciate the value of insurance; kind, patient, and responsible clients receive the highest priority; qualify clients and prospects to guarantee all clients are profitable and enjoyable to work with.
Requirements for the position:
- CIC designation and current active license
- History of being a successful producer
- Experience with management
- Currently working at an insurance agency