HR Business Partner
The James Allen Companies Inc.
YOUR PURPOSE AND FUNCTION IN OUR COMPANY:
The HR Business Partner collaborates with assigned business leaders to drive business outcomes through effective application of sound Human Resources practices, problem solving capabilities, and creative solutioning.
The HR Business Partner will:
- Position the role as an integral part of the organization by developing effective working relationships with business and HR partners
- Identify strategic people issues in partnership with key business areas and support SR Leadership with advice and expertise to resolve these matters.
- Work in partnership with the key business area leadership to manage employee relations issues through ongoing dialogue consisting of issue identification, solution considerations and execution. Provide ongoing support to all leadership levels through problem solving and risk mitigation.
- Be a sounding board for leadership regarding organization design and structure by providing observation and insights. Provide both transformational advice and transactional support on change management initiatives, organizational / departmental restructures / job role design.
- Provide the bigger picture perspective, broader implications and critical thinking.
- Influence and support leadership team on their personal style and the development and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and HR strategies.
- Equip organization with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage people in line with people plans e.g. performance management, career management, engagement, etc.
- Take ownership for specific HR area (i.e. employee engagement) and identify and drive initiatives that have demonstrable business impact.
- Utilize data to identify trends and diagnose organizational effectiveness issues. Influence leaders to implement changes needed to improve functional performance.
KEY CAPABILITIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong business acumen, ability to build in-depth knowledge of the business and client group, and the ability to effectively implement HR strategies to support business goals.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of organizational development/effectiveness/behavior/engagement with the ability to positively impact the structure, culture and effectiveness of the organization.
- Ability to collect and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data. Ability to recognize trends and influence leaders based on data analysis.
- Experience supporting organizational strategy by aligning the vision, mission and values of the organization with individuals’ goals through the performance management platform.
- Ability to provide coaching and guidance to leaders on a variety of performance related situations or circumstances.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills with the ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with customers, peers, subordinates and other members of management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate business and technical information clearly.
- Knowledge of the HR field including employment laws and regulations.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to deal with and resolve ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations and issues of a complex nature while providing flexible solutions.
- Excellent project management, organizing and planning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years HR generalist/business partner experience with demonstrated proficiency in .employee relations, coaching, and employee development.
- PHR, SPHR certification preferred
- Insurance experience preferred