Machine Learning Engineer
The James Allen Companies Inc.
This role will be part of our Applied Data Team and will be responsible for providing Machine Learning
Engineering support. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Construct machine learning models including data collection, normalization, and standardization, data
pipeline construction, model selection and hyperparameter tuning, working ml systems that can add
new data into ml model.
• Create apps to present ml models and host them in the cloud or locally.
• Create pipelines to query and retrieve and update data for existing applications to keep them updated
• Supervise the scaling and management of the machine learning modeling ecosystem
• Find orthogonal data sets to supplement models and increase alpha
• Stay abreast of new technology and machine learning methodologies and implement them into the
model building architecture
• Work alongside (re)insurance domain experts to improve predictive aspects of their lines of business
• 3+ years of demonstrative excellence in building, scaling, and productizing machine learning models
• Experience working with sparse, high dimensional, and time series data
• Python ml stack
• Experience dealing with imbalanced classes
• Deep Learning Architectures
• ML Optimization Techniques
• Cloud Services: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
• Distributed systems: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
• Ensemble Stacking and Meta Learners
• Classification and Regression Metrics
• Regularization Methods
• Version Control
• Quant trading experience welcome but not required
• Kaggle ranking of expert or higher a plus
Regular work schedule will be hybrid; 2-3 days in the office (New York, NY) with the remaining days remote.