The James Allen Companies Inc.
Department: Real Estate Investment Marketing
Position: Real Estate Marketing Specialist
Job Purpose: To be responsible for new business and select renewal production in accordance with the agency marketing plan.
Organizational Relationships: Responsible to the Principal/Owner. To work as a unit with Producers and other commercial, personal and marketing personnel.
Job Functions Responsibilities:
- Preparation of applications, spreadsheets, proposals and other submission or binding documents for new business and renewals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with wholesale brokers, standard market underwriters and representatives, not limited to in-office settings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with producers and service team.
- Stay informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending company training meetings.
- Responsible for knowledge of all our companies underwriting specific to real estate investment and procedure guidelines.
- Risk profiling and price negotiation based on insured size, loss experience, safety protocol, etc.
- Coverage recommendation and program review based on type of business.
- Promote company in the community and through participation in trade associations, conventions, company meetings and functions.
- Assist with presentation of new and renewal proposals as requested.
- Create and maintain production reports.
- Keep management, producers and department personnel informed of underwriting changes and general company information.
- Due to changing business conditions, management may request that additional duties or functions are necessary to fulfill the job requirements.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TSeeing THearing TTalking* TReading* TWriting* TReaching TUse of Hands TWalking TSitting for several hours
* Proficiency of the traits marked above require English for business letters, memos, customer interaction, presentations, proposals, employee communications, community work etc.
- A minimum of five years of commercial insurance marketing experience.
- Experience with EPIC management system
- Solid knowledge of commercial coverage and risk management.
- Demonstrated skills of problem solving, strategic thinking and persuasion.
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight deadlines and high client expectations.
- Superior EXCEL, written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills and professional appearance.