The James Allen Companies Inc.
Legal Assistant or Paralegal with at least two years of personal injury litigation experience.
Role and Responsibilities: The following tasks to assist the attorney in the management of the attorney’s docket include, but not are limited to the following:
- Transcription of dictation (required);
- Preparation and proofreading of legal documents, correspondences, confidential reports, and manuscripts;
- Managing and maintaining of files;
- Assist the attorney with filing Court documents electronically
- Coordinating, arranging and scheduling hearing dates, depositions, client meetings, travel, meetings, and conferences;
- Maintain the attorney’s calendar as to appearances, depositions, court dates and/or deadlines;
- Assist the attorney in the preparation for hearings, trials, and client meetings;
- Organize and maintain files of all important case documents;
- Coordinating and maintaining legal department records and documents in appropriate files;
- General office responsibilities such as mailing, faxing, copying, filing, and backing up computer files;
- Collect medical records from medical providers;
- Provide initial medical record summaries for attorney’s review;
- Other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned by counsel.