Premium Field Auditor
The James Allen Companies Inc.
The Field Auditor is responsible for independently conducting physical audits on each policyholder account assigned to their inventory with optimum accuracy and efficiency Interim and final audits are conducted to verify the accurate calculation of premium. Audits must be completed timely to ensure proper adjustment of classification codes and rates are completed within state and company guidelines. Field Auditors are responsible for completing a minimum of 420 interim and/or final audits on policyholder accounts per year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage a geographic territory of policyholder accounts
- Schedule and complete audits at a location designated by policyholder
- Complete interim audits within 90 days of policy inception and final audits within 60 days of policy expiration
- Examine policyholder records including, but not limited to, accounting, payroll and tax documents, as well as job descriptions and contractor certificates of insurance
- Research and substantiate accuracy of policy classifications, officer inclusions/exclusions, subcontractors, etc.
- Complete detailed and accurate description of policyholder operations
- Prepare audit reports showing analyzed data, calculations and classifications
- Synchronize account with home office for retrieval of completed audits on a routine basis
- Ability to travel routinely, including some overnight travel
- Foster the Company culture by embracing the pillars of consistency, focus, frugality, ownership and service
- Prior experience in a similar role preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to make decisions or recommendations for action
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong sense of self-motivation and the ability to work independently from home and in the field
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history and reliable transportation