The James Allen Companies Inc.
Covers all sales functions in an assigned territory: forecasts, solicits and secures business from existing customers, provides customer service as required, prepares reports as required and identifies and investigates potential new customers.
- Secures account submissions for the purposes of quoting and writing new business
- Follows-up (by phone or face-to-face visit) on quotations submitted by agents
- Targets growth opportunities by identifying prospective new agents and evaluating their position in the industry
- Establishes professional agency relationships with appropriate agents and other key personnel
- Maintains relationships with contracted agents by providing support, information and guidance; making periodic visits; and relaying company information to contracted agents
- Enters weekly activity/call reports concerning agency-related activities for quotes and issues concerning any agency relationships and company information
- Provides a territory sales forecast on an annual basis with monthly monitoring
- Analyzes and defines the market for growth within the assigned market segment
- Maintains a market analysis defining the total market, company market share, competitor market share, and available market share by market
- Develops marketing plans, business plans, sales strategies and action plans for assigned agency plant that clearly defines objectives, goals and strategies
- Assists Underwriting Department in securing renewal accounts
- Keeps Underwriting Pipeline running smoothly by monitoring submission flow from agency territory
- Represents Company at Company sponsored events and attends industry functions, which could require overnight travel
- Performs assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, well organized
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, take initiative and work independently
- Willingness to travel and ability to provide personal vehicle
- College degree and/or 10 years of insurance experience
This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities above are the only duties to be performed by the individual with this job description. The individual may be called upon and required to follow other instructions or perform other duties requested by his or her manager consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objective.