The James Allen Companies Inc.
Commercial Lines Sr. Underwriter
Our client is located in Southborough, MA is seeking an experienced property and casualty commercial lines underwriter to join the team. You will be a great fit for this job if you are an experienced underwriter.
This position is responsible for the Commercial Lines underwriting activities, agency relationship management, product pricing, and applying sound underwriting judgment within assigned territory in line with corporate market direction, profit, and production objectives.
Sr. Commercial Lines Underwriter Responsibilities
Analyzes commercial lines accounts to make decisions based on individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard recognition and control.
- Prices business according to Company underwriting and pricing guidelines.
- Providing top notch customer service and maintain positive relationships agents.
- Trains and educates agency staff on Company products, services, processes, and underwriting philosophy.
- Promotes the Company’s products and services
- 3 to 5 years commercial lines underwriting experience within the commercial insurance industry.
- Experience in the hospitality industry, restaurants and bars preferred.
- Liquor liability experience preferred
- Ability to manage agency relationships and production.
- Ability to gather, report and act on appropriate market information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- College degree required
- Competitive Compensation and benefits
- 401 K program with company match
- Reimbursement for approved employee insurance education
- Casual work environment