VP Marketing & Public Relations
Reports to CEO
Position summary: Responsible for managing the strategic vision and goals of the corporate marketing, public relations and communications departments to meet organizational objectives.
- Creates, implements and manages strategic, multi-faceted marketing, public relations and communication programs and related budget in support of the achievement of organizational strategic goals.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image and brand throughout all products, promotional items and events.
- Oversees the creation and delivery of internal and external communications which may include print, web and video materials, employee newsletter, intranet, social media, etc.
- Oversees the planning and management of company events.
- Builds and manages a social media strategy that supports company initiatives.
- Creates strategy, programs and policies for and oversees the company’s public relations program.
- Serves as point of contact for external inquiries regarding company business.
- Creates and leads the crisis and issues management plan.
- Oversees and directs market research, competitor analyses and customer service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including meetings with agents, policy members and prospective customers. In partnership with Agent team, educate both internal and external stakeholders about product and services and represents company at trade association meetings to promote product and company.
- In partnership with the company’s leadership, provides direction in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements. Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Participates in professional societies and activities related to the insurance industry in general and the marketing, public relations and communications professions in particular.
- Additional accountabilities as assigned
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or closely related field required. Master’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications or related field preferred.
- 10 years of marketing, public relations, or communications experience in a corporate structure required
- 5 years in a supervisory role
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.