Workers Compensation Subrogation Claims Supervisor
The James Allen Companies Inc.
Worker’s Compensation Supervisor
Reports to: Claims Manager
Department: Work Comp
Responsible for the management of the daily workflow and leadership of the Worker’s Compensation subrogation team. This position requires an experienced Worker’s Comp Subrogation Supervisor to ensure that the team meets all quality, production and timeliness standards in the subrogation of claims. The supervisor must be able to assist the leadership team in leading change and promoting a positive team attitude and effectively respond to unexpected changes or demands.
• Team Leadership – Provides leadership and manages the team, makes decisions, solves problems, develops procedures, conducts meetings. Representative of company leadership to support the core values, strategic plans, goals and leadership decisions by promoting and establishing these initiatives within their team
• Subrogation Process – Ensures team members are in compliance with company policies, procedures and applicable regulations and laws while maintaining an individual production. Responsible for team scheduling and work flow, making recommendations for necessary adjustments when required.
• Subrogation Knowledge – Must demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all types of subrogation claims, but specifically focusing worker’s compensation. Maintain awareness of laws that govern insurance claims by keeping current on critical case laws, statutes and trends in the field of subrogation, as well as the application of that knowledge to maximize recovery efforts.
• Customer Service and Communication Skills – Requires accomplished communication skills. Must be able to handle difficult conversations and exhibit conflict management skills. All communication must maintain a reputation of professionalism, courtesy and respect with an ability to build relationships at all levels of the company.
• Team focused – Supervises team performance, coaches, counsels and motivates team, working with leadership and human resources to identify development opportunities and possible disciplinary measures. Ensures effective team relations, creating a positive work environment with effective communication methods, solving employee problems, managing conflict and responding to grievances.
• High School Diploma, prefer College Degree Experience Required:
• Five years or more of Worker’s Compensation insurance claims, subrogation, or inter-company arbitration filings experience.
• Completed industry designations, such as CSRP, AIC, CPCU, not required, but strongly desired and encouraged. Basic Requirements:
• Typing 45+ wpm accurately • Computer application knowledge
• Claims system knowledge helpful
• Basic accounting knowledge in order to make accurate computations
• Must be able to read, write and clearly speak English language; ability to speak Spanish a plus • Must be able to sit, stand and commute within a typical office environment