Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer
The Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer is one of five executive roles reporting to the President & CEO, including:
- SVP, CFO & Treasurer
- SVP, Profit Center Operations
- SVP, CIO & Business Solutions
- VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
The CEO, Board of Directors, and Strategic Leadership Team expect the CHRO to be experienced and expert in all aspects of a progressive “best-in-class” Human Capital agenda. A strategic thinker, the CHRO serves as a trusted partner, close advisor and “sounding board” for the CEO on all Company matters. 15+ years of HR experience in sophisticated organizations. Advanced degree preferred.
NOTE: The current incumbent - in place for three years - is successful in the role and will be actively leading the search for a successor. He has announced his intention to relocate to the southeast for personal family reasons.
YOUR PURPOSE as STRATEGIC LEADER (Officer) IN OUR COMPANY:
To strive for excellence in close collaboration with the senior team, functional colleagues, and talent throughout the company
- Lead a Purpose-Driven Organization that exists to realize our Vision & Mission.
- Define and develop a Corporate Culture that is consistent with our Values and goals for growth, profitability and risk management.
- Generate value to the enterprise through the development of fact-driven decision-making, and outcome-based measurement systems.
- Be a “beacon” of ethical leadership and Integrity in our Company and industry.
- Be an expert of industry knowledge - introduce and develop contemporary opportunities for the enterprise.
- Earn the respect of employees through your contributions to positive enterprise outcomes and inspire employees in innovate.
- Develop strategic plans for the enterprise that provide the direction and services necessary to realize our Vision.
- Attract, retain, and develop talent. Invest in talent as a Leader and “inventor” of our organization.
- Be a Role Model for Change Leadership and Continuous Improvement
- Have the Courage to confront and proactively resolve “uncomfortable” situations that may require innovative solutions
YOUR FUNCTION in OUR COMPANY:
- Develop and implement the “People Strategies” for the Company, including:
- Corporate Culture: high-performing organization - with senior colleagues, leaders
- “Best Talent”: talent acquisition and effective onboarding
- Motivation & Retention: compensation, recognition, benefits
- Career Advancement & Opportunity: talent development and succession planning
- Continuous Improvement: performance management, coaching, feedback
- Organization Effectiveness: employee engagement, employee relations
- Fiduciary oversight of qualified and nonqualified employee/executive programs
- Oversee and direct Site Services for company locations
KEY CAPABILITIES FOR SUCCESS:
- The highest level of professional and personal integrity
- A deep commitment to mutual accountability
- Extensive experience in all disciplines of a progressive Human Resources strategy
- Success in change management and change acceleration
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, building trust
- Highly effective communication skills
- Consulting skills to work with business unit heads to continuously improve their organizations
- Ability to assess performance, potential, effectiveness of individuals and teams
- Process orientation and project management skills. Vendor management
- Effective working knowledge of employment law and pertinent regulations
- Build and promote effective teams
- Customer Centricity
- Mergerts and Aquisitions
- Drive for Results
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Change Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Talent Development
- HR team members:
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Employee Benefits Specialist
- Career & Talent Development Specialist
- Employee Engagement Specialist
- HR Specialist
- Compensation Specialist (potential)
- Manager of Site Services
- (Manager leads Facilities, Mailroom, Print/Doc Scanning, Cafeteria)
- Three formal NY facilities: New Berlin, Norwich, Latham (Albany)