Workers Compensation Claims Rep
Investigates, evaluates, and handles assigned claims through final disposition in accordance with company procedures.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Investigates assigned claims following sound claim handling techniques in accordance with company claim philosophy and quality assurance standards.
- Determines proper jurisdiction and classifies each claim under state, federal or maritime class codes.
- Confirms coverage, compensability and subrogation potential on every claim.
- When applicable, negotiates settlements of claims within authority level.
- Documents claim files with necessary information to confirm all claim issues.
- Provides appropriate level of service to agents and policyholders.
- Complies with all customer service standards. Responds promptly to resolve complaints or claim problems.
- Manages personal claim caseload effectively and in accordance with productivity and claim cost objectives.
- Performs other job duties as dictated by office circumstances.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years handling of workers’ compensation claims,
High School Diploma/GED with 2 years handling of workers’ compensation claims and 4 years experience as an insurance claims adjuster.
Communication, computer literate, math, judgment and problem solving skills