Our client is a financially stable company with a commitment to employees. They are “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
The company offers a work environment where you can easily see yourself in the big picture from day one. You become part of a successful team that works together to do great things. In addition, they believe in supporting employees by providing a great benefits plan and allowing people to develop flexible work hours that align with their personal schedule.
As a commercial lines underwriter you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace. Here is how you will spend your days: Putting your underwriting and marketing skills sets, along with your strong negotiating ability, into daily practice within the insurance realm. You will use your analytical skills to make sound risk selection and manage a commercial underwriting territory. of $4 to $10 million. Your marketing skills will assist you to build strong relationships with agency personnel and provide excellent customer service. As a solid negotiator with agents and customer service technicians, you will work hard to attain the positive results of premium growth and acceptable loss ratios. In addition, your leadership skills will be used to train new underwriters and approve risks within your authority for junior underwriters.
- Obtain and manage a book of business
- Evaluate insurance coverages
- Review applications, endorsement requests and renewals for requested limits and coverages
- Price the risk and secure its proper class
- Negotiate with agents and customer service technicians to develop a saleable product without adverse selection to the company
- Regularly visit agents to maintain strong relationships and market products and services
- Provide guidance and coaching to other underwriters
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Must have or be working toward your AU, CIC or CPCU designation
- Two – five years commercial lines underwriting experience, with risk evaluation skills and solid insurance contract knowledge
- Strong analytical thinking
- Strong communication, leadership and negotiating skills
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to multi-task; and a willingness to accept challenges and take appropriate risks
- good memory retention levels for detailed work
- Ability to handle large workload and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Promote a positive and professional image and develop productive relationships
- Demonstrate an open-minded, collaborative work style