Commercial Lines Underwriting Manager – Missouri
Growing and profitable Property & Casualty Insurance carrier is seeking a Commercial Lines Underwriting Manager for their Missouri operation. The candidates will be responsible for all aspects of underwriting and marketing of small to middle market commercial lines business for this carrier including the profitability and staff. Lines of business will involve all lines of commercial coverage. Our client is looking for a strong leader who can manage a branch underwriting department and processing unit. You must also have a successful track record for profitable premium growth.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience underwriting commercial lines of business with a P&C Insurance carrier with an emphasis on multiline small to middle market accounts.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience supervising an underwriting team
- 4 year college degree is required
- Strong leadership and technical skills
- Good mentoring and coaching skills
- Solid track record for underwriting profitability and territory growth
- Insurance professional designations such as CPCU or CIC etc. are preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
This position represents a significant career opportunity with a growth oriented carrier. If you are looking for a chance to build on a successful operation, this may be for you. Compensation will be commensurate with experience