Director Loss Prevention
The Director is responsible for strategically leading and managing a team of safety and loss prevention professionals to achieve the vision and mission set by the Board and President/CEO. The Director will share our passion for providing exceptional workplace safety and loss prevention resources to protect Oklahoma’s most valuable asset, its people. Combining this passion with their ability to think and plan strategically, the Director will envision, define and execute short and long-term goals for the department to align with our company’s vision and distinguish company loss prevention programs and services from its industry competitors.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the loss prevention department so assigned responsibilities are accomplished in accordance with company objectives, policy and applicable regulation. Set priorities and utilize staff and facilities to maximize efficient performance and achievement of department and company goals.
- Review and analyze various information to optimize operation and performance of the department; initiate, sponsor and direct implementation of necessary changes to improve operations. Confer with management to identify, plan and develop new or improved methods and procedures to obtain greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with various departments within the company, including underwriting, claims and marketing, to collectively provide services directed toward acquiring and retaining profitable business in accordance with company strategic initiatives.
- Attract, develop, supervise, inspire and empower personnel in delivering loss prevention resources and programs designed to identify workplace hazards and partnering with policymembers and agents to develop, implement, improve, and maintain independent, fully functional workplace safety and loss prevention programs to control those hazards and reduce or prevent on the job injuries; mentor and provide constructive critique designed to further develop and enhance team performance.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and assign risk evaluations for insurance prospects to appropriate staff and review reports of such to assist the underwriting department in accepting/pricing a risk. May perform risk evaluations of insurance prospects as needed or requested.
- Identify, develop, sponsor or support the introduction of new and improved products, procedures, technology and other resources to expand the safety services provided to policymembers. Coordinate with appropriate internal departments on new initiatives to assure cost effectiveness and technical capabilities.
- Develop and deliver presentations on the policies, procedures, functions and services of the loss prevention department to new and existing policymembers, agents, other company divisions and other stakeholders as directed.
- Create and adhere to the approved established budget.
Education and Experience
- 10 years’ professional experience conducting loss prevention/safety/risk control assessments, consulting with clients on injury prevention strategies and influencing clients to implement recommendations; experience doing so within the property and casualty insurance industry preferred
- 5 years’ professional experience in a supervisory role required
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, occupational health, engineering, risk or industrial management or closely related field required
- 1 or more current professional designations in safety or closely related field preferred
- Strategic thinking
- Organizational awareness
- External (strategic) awareness
This position requires the physical ability to perform extensive repetitive motions in using a computer and the routine use of other office equipment. Work is typically performed while sitting and does not require heavy lifting. Must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel.