If you’ve been in involved in multiple talent searches, then you know that each search is different. From the types of positions in need to the pool of candidates created, there is no perfect template that simplifies the search process and distills it into a one-size-fits-all operation. And if you have had your share of hiring experience, then you also know that the search for uniquely qualified candidates can be consuming of both your time and financial resources. It is no surprise many organizations turn to recruiters to assist with staffing needs, but what is startling is the number of hiring managers who don’t make the one-time investment of time to partner with the right recruiter. Finding the most fitting staffing specialist goes beyond the one or two open positions sitting in front of you. When the right recruiter is selected, the potential savings of time and money from future hires offers exponential value. The question many employers may have is as follows: How do I know if I’m choosing the right recruiter?
Quality recruiting firms approach clients in the same way the most successful organizations approach staffing agencies, with the intention of forming a strong partnership based on trust and mutual respect. Relationships are as unique as the parties involved, and the relationship between a recruiter and client has its own set of needs that both sides should satisfy to prove their commitment. For recruiters, they are searching for clients who display integrity and openness. But what should employers look for in a recruiter?
- Look for a recruiter that not only delivers on candidates who fit the defined requirements of a company’s position, but also provide the intangible qualities that prove they are a culture-fit for the organization. This takes a recruiter who not only reads the job posting, but listens to their client to better understand their unique values.
- The right recruiter doesn’t find value in simply making a placement but in knowing their placement is delivering on the promises made. Commitment beyond the agreement shows a recruiter is truly invested in a company’s success, thus truly invested in the relationship.
- Throughout the search process, the right recruiter consistently provides value-based services. Going beyond delivering a list of candidates, invested recruiters work with their clients to ensure the best applicant is selected. They offer clients the insight they need to attract the talent they want.
We often have a better understanding of the things we care about. We commit more time and energy into things in which we feel truly vested. The right recruiter should care about not only making placements but about making the right placements. In order to make the right placement, the right recruiter should have clear and discernible insight into two industries: theirs and yours.
- As you are no doubt invested in the best practices for your particular business, a quality staffing specialist needs to be devoted to their craft. The right recruiter is rarely the least expensive recruiter. Instead of offering their services below market value, a reputable recruiter knows the value in their services and can speak to them with clarity and competency.
- Additionally, the right recruiter is often one that specializes in your industry. Either through years of research or direct experience within your specific field, the recruiter that stands the best chance of meeting your needs is the one who truly understands them. Established niche recruiters survive and succeed because they know more than how to find candidates, but they know how to find candidates who truly understand and are invested in the industry in which they serve.
Whatever your industry and staffing needs may be, you are best served in both the short and long term by fostering a strong relationship with a recruiter who is committed to your success and has the experience, both in your industry and as a recruiter, to provide that relationship what it needs to flourish. At The James Allen Companies, we know this to be true. With direct experience in the insurance industry and as search consultants, we have continually proven ourselves to be the right recruiter for insurance companies across the nation.